Friday, March 4, 2011

oh camera phone

I don't have one of those nifty phones like most of you. The iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc. really are fancy things - and not my cup of tea. I just don't really need one - or want one - right now. I kind of like that I'm not plugged in all the time, accessible to anyone. (Because once people know you have one of those phones, well they know...)

I have a nice enough phone. I can make calls, send texts, and even open it up to reveal a keyboard that makes it much easier for me to type. No data capabilities. But I do have a camera. And I love that. What did I do before I had one? I guess I just captured things in my memory - you know, my brain. With all of the ridiculous technologies, we have to barely think much less remember. We can just save things in our phones, or capture them with our camera that we carry everywhere. It's amazing if you think about it.

Anyhoo, I do love the camera feature. Mostly because you don't have to be with me for me to show you exactly what I'm looking at. For example, my mom and I took Hannah to buy her first pair of walkers back in September. We wanted Daddy to see.


I threw Hannah in the car one morning to run up to get some breakfast. She had her pajamas on, my hat and her coat. Well...she kinda looked like a homeless person. I took a picture and sent it to Joe.


And this was just too cute not to share...

 
Last weekend I spent a couple days with the girls in Brunswick/St. Simons Island. {Julie, Kate, and Laura are also pastor's wives and we're all around the same age. It was great to spend time with them. After all, who understands the life of a preacher's wife better than another preacher's wife?} We did a lot of talking, eating, and shopping. It was a gorgeous day and I wanted to share it with Joe who was stuck at home working on his dissertation.


We went to Bailey Boys. I love their back room (wholesale prices). I sent these pictures - a little blurry - to my mom to help me make decisions. {I had already weeded out a few things, but we ended up buying almost all you see here. How awesome is that yellow chick bathing suit?}



So the camera phone is great. I don't have to describe anything in detail if I don't want to; I can just send a picture of it. And when I'm out at a store and see something that I like but am not sure if I want to buy, I take a picture so I can think about it before I impulse buy. See? I'm actually saving money if you think about it. Or if I'm looking for something for an interior project, I can capture ideas and inspiration. Great invention.

Which reminds me, I need to write a nursery update.

No comments:

Post a Comment