Monday, March 7, 2011

sugah momma

Right now we have no shortage of sweets in our house. Glad that I am not training for anything or trying for a flat tummy any time soon. It all started last week when my mom came down to celebrate her birthday with us and Joe made dessert. Remember the yum mascarpone toffee almond bars from this post? Well, trust me they were just as good this second time around (made with cream cheese instead of mascarpone because in Jesup ya just can't find a lot of special ingredients). So glad we have leftovers of those.

Then we went to Savannah on Thursday where we had dinner out at Joe's parents' house to celebrate Joe III's big birthday (he turned 70 on February 22nd and you would never know it if I hadn't told you). Mama Buck made these brownies on steroids. Brownie, walnuts, white chocolate chips and chocolate frosting. Yes please.


On Friday my sweet little girl scout cousin Emma delivered these to me at a family dinner. Four boxes total - I exercised self control. And let's just be honest, what goes better with a blog post than a sleeve of Thin Mints?


On Saturday at my mom's house, while my poor husband was sick in bed with a stomach bug, I greeted a cute little kindergartner at the door selling World's Finest Chocolate bars.


Did you sell these when you were in grade school? We did in the Catholic school system in Savannah. And it was a big deal. It got a little competitive with the homeroom selling the most each week getting a pizza party. Wasn't too hard for the Brooks kids - we loved these candy bars and we would buy a bunch with our allowance. Now they have all kinds, but then it was just the original milk chocolate with almond bar. My favorite candy bar. Ever. I bought all the girl had left which unfortunately for me was only three, so I tried a new kind too.

So right now one of my big decisions is what should I have for dessert (and by dessert I mean snack or any other excuse for something sweet). I know. Tough life. Watch me cry as I stuff my face with sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment