Saturday, January 1, 2011

goodbye 2010


It is hard to believe a year has flown by so quickly. I guess it happens like that when you have an active and growing family. This year came with milestones (hello, walking and talking toddler and saying goodbye to my twenties), many firsts, memories, and lots of blessings. I am so thankful for where I am today and the path that has led me to this point.

Some favorite memories that come to mind...
(click on links to go to previous posts.)
family day trips to st simons (here and here)
celebrating "month" days (you can see her monthly pictures here)
triathlons (Fernandina in June and August, and national championships in September)

I learned a lot this year too, mainly how to be a mom and take care of an ever-changing and growing child. I went through highs and lows as every new mom does. I enjoyed getting to know Hannah, but battled with nursing, allergies, and skin issues (and learned about dozens of topical meds) among other things. I learned how to be more patient. (I still could use some improvement here.) I also discovered how deep a mother's love is and how the love I feel for Hannah is unconditional and impossible to put into words. In fact, I wonder what it will be like come April when there is another child. How could I possibly have that much love to give?

Most of all, I am continually amazed at how much God loves me, and how that love I feel for Joe and Hannah does not even compare to the love He has for me. I could never praise Him enough, for what He has already done in giving us His son, but also for what He does every day in my life. I know he deserves all the glory.

I hope you too can take the time to reflect on the things that you have learned, how you have grown, and the blessings you have received in 2010. I wish you and your family a healthy and happy 2011. And happy resolution making! Many people don't like the month of January and wish it away, but I love the idea of starting things fresh, wiping the slate clean, making plans, and setting goals.


We ended our year with tea at the Tea Room on Broughton followed by seeing Baby Jesus at the Cathedral...


Hannah and Uncle Will.


Hannah's first haircut...


She was excited from the beginning, but even more when the nice lady gave her animal crackers, her fave.




...still eating the crackers.


After.


Accessorizing and dancing at Grandma's house.


...and a walk down the street to look at Christmas lights. She is saying "Oh wow!" of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment