Saturday, January 15, 2011

happy birthday daddy!

 
Hannah and I were so happy when Joe came home last night from Kentucky. It was a busy week for him and he was exhausted when he walked in the door, but to make things a little easier, I cooked dinner. Yes, you heard me right, I cooked dinner. A nice tilapia with roasted peppers and onions and a caper and parsley vinaigrette (I can't believe that's how you spell that word, but that's what spell check says). It wasn't the best thing since sliced bread, but it was good.

Then for dessert...


Hannah and I decided to surprise Daddy with an ice cream cake early.

Today, his actual birthday, Joe had to do some work, but we did get to go out to lunch (in the bigger city of Hinesville - haha). Here are the two cuties at breakfast this morning:

 
I wasn't exactly wife of the year with Joe's birthday gift. In fact, I failed miserably in finding something. Joe doesn't ever need or want much, and everything he could possibly want he got for Christmas. We also have a small budget for birthday gifts since we go on a birthday trip every year. (This year we went to Charleston.) But he'd been talking about a new pair of cords so I went looking. And found nothing. So, between that and an Auburn National Championship t-shirt that he can't get for another week or so, I made him an IOU. A clothes line, naturally. Clever, huh? 


Tomorrow we'll continue the birthday celebration in Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment