Monday, January 3, 2011

his name is joseph

For those of you that are wondering and guessing, we have a name for baby boy. We decided to wait until we found out what we were having to begin the name discussion. Up until that point we just focused on a healthy baby. We're still mainly focused on a healthy baby. Christmas and travels derailed me a bit in blogging, but we are happy and excited to announce that we have decided to name him after his daddy and the three before him: Joseph Alexander Buck. The fifth.

While you might think this was a given, it actually was not. We thought about picking something totally new, or using Alexander and changing the first name. But the more we talked about it, the more it just seemed right. After all, how often do you have five generations in a row with a boy to carry on the name? And how often do you have a name passed on that long that actually sounds like something you would want to name your own child?  We love the name Joseph, so that's what we are going to call him. He will not be Joe like his daddy or Poppy, unless of course he chooses to be when he gets older.

So Hannah and Joseph it is. And I love that way that sounds.

It's so fun to talk about Joseph and what he will be like. How similar or different than Hannah he will be, what he will look like, what he will act like. So far I know that he is very active, that he likes to play late at night when I want to sleep, that he likes to wake me up in the morning with punches and kicks, and that he gives me indigestion and back pain. There are no nursery plans yet, but I've got some ideas stewing about in this design-loving brain of mine. 

Joseph had a good Christmas. Grandma decided that he needed Christmas presents of his own, and so presents he got.

yes...so excited!!!
our favorite side snap tees. so wonderful and practical.
i saw this blanket in nyc and thought it was so sweet. and i adore the day gown.

In fact, Santa was good to all of us. If you remember from this post I put together our wish lists, but we never expect to get everything and we are usually surprised by things that we never thought of in the first place. This year we must have been pretty nice. We've had a wonderful - albeit chaotic - Christmas and, after several trips, we are finally settling in back home. Of course we got whatever cough/cold crud that's going around (mixed with a stomach virus here and there) and can't seem to shake it. We've successfully passed it around our little family for two weeks now. Yuck. Go away.

I will be 24 weeks on Thursday. I have done a pathetic job taking belly pictures this time around. I forget I'm pregnant. I don't rest. The weeks are flying by as it tends to through the holidays. But Joseph, I love you no less. You remind me of your presence often. I can't wait to meet you, but take your time in there. Your sister is a handful for now.

This is what we look like today:

No comments:

Post a Comment