Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fernandina Beach TRI

 
...with Erin and her friend, Carly.


...with Miss Anna and Mr. Wade


This past weekend we were in Fernandina Beach for another triathlon. This time, I did it too. While I don't really race to compete per se, I set goals and try to accomplish those. I hadn't raced since the Peachtree City Tri in 2006 - the month before Joe and I got married. I do a good amount of running with Hannah in the stroller, but as for swimming and biking - not so much. I swam a few times and actually went out riding only twice. Joe set up the bike on the trainer inside so once I put Hannah down for her morning nap, I would occasionally do a bike workout while watching the Tour (Now, that is inspiration!). While I didn't feel "ready" Joe (my coach) had lots of confidence in me. It was my first ocean swim in a race. Almost all the women started at one time. It was frantic. The water was a little rough. The weather was VERY hot and humid, despite it being 7:30 in the morning. I was exhausted, but I didn't walk. All in all, I did well. I was happy with my performance. Joe did great! He finished third in his age group, which is probably the most competitive age group among triathletes. He qualified for Nationals next month and we are very excited. Tuscaloosa, here we come!

Our friend Wade took the pictures of us in action. Too bad I didn't get one of our cheering section. Thank you Wade, Anna, Erin, Kristen, and Carly...and Hannah!


Running from the beach to transition...

Joe on the run...

Racking my bike, ready to run!

Joe finishing!

Hannah in another world - but she is wearing her "Daddy's little triathlete" onesie.

 
Hannah is just happy to have something new to chew on, and Daddy is happy to oblige.

After the race we went with our friends to the farmers market in downtown Fernandina, and then out to lunch. I love this picture. If you're happy and you know it...


And finally...home. In her new favorite place. She's bumped Mollie... Notice the slobber on the window?


2 comments:

  1. Wow- I am so impressed! Way to go Lindsay! I am super impressed that Joe placed 3rd in his age group! That is awesome! Hannah is destined to be a runner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics - great job you two!!!!!!!

    I love the above pic because I can just hear her saying, oo, oo , oo!!

    And that adorable bathing suit she wore to the beach - OMG! Want one!! ;)

    ReplyDelete