Tuesday, August 17, 2010

11 months old...

Oops. I wrote this post last week, but got delayed in publishing it. I spilled water on my laptop and it was out of commission for a few days. Now if I could get my keyboard to stop spitting out gggggggggggggggg's.


I love her. And I love the cute GT dress too! Thanks Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Daniel!! I only got a couple pictures because she was standing up on the chair, rocking it, and trying to pull the lamp down.


I really don't know where this face comes from, but we get it a lot. We call it her "whooooo" face. So we say "Whooooo's the cutest?" Just look at this one from back in October:


Wow, she's grown so much. Right now we are going through some serious teething. Inconsolable crying, fussiness throughout the day, not napping well, waking up in the middle of the night (unheard of from her), and just "general unpleasantness" as Joe would say. I wish those teeth would just go ahead and come in already. Poor thing is drooling all over the house. The tears mix with the drool, which as of today mixes with her runny nose. It's fun. She leaves trails with her eyes, nose and mouth! I relish the times when she is happy and her usual playful self. One of those times was when Riley and Mommy Lauren came over to play.


They were learning how to share. Of course they always wanted the toy that the other was gnawing on at the time, but that's the way it goes...

"Oooooh that one lights up!"

"Now I've got the light up toy, but what I really want is my starfish back."

"Ok Riley, you can play with my pan too."

"Actually, what I meant was: this is MY pan."

And this one, I called "Riley!!!" and the second one I said "Smile!!!!!!!!" How cute is she?!


The other night we went to dinner over at the Swingle's. Here's a sweet picture of Hannah with Uncle John:


And a new thing that just cracks me up: Hannah will blow against the glass like I do to her tummy. It is awesome.


She's also started crawling with her knees off the ground - the bear crawl as we call it. I'll have to upload a video on that at some point. She's doing much better with stage 3 foods. She's eating crackers and cheerios (not just Puffs!). She even ate some chicken today off my plate. She spends almost all of the day on her feet hanging on to something - anything! She's making new sounds. She's said "Da-da" and pointed to Joe. This week I was scolding Mollie with Hannah in my arms saying "Bad doggie! Bad doggie!" She responded by pointing to Mollie and declaring "Dog!" My goodness, she's changing so much so fast, it's all I can do to keep up. I know I say it every month, but I just can't believe she's this old. It's almost birthday time! Let the planning begin - er, continue. You know I've already started planning.

3 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! Love her little game day dress! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley's hair definitely has more strawberry to it in your pics...LOVE 'EM! You know we have no pics here, so feel free to share! See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...so cute Lindsey! I miss her so much I have tears in my eyes looking at these pics!!! She's growing up SO fast!!!

    ReplyDelete