Monday, August 2, 2010

home sweet home

So the last few days of our trip were filled with activity. Here are some pictures so you'll feel like you were there.


A late night bath after Hannah threw up all over herself. She never seemed like she felt bad...and she quite liked the sink bath.


Our last night in Kentucky we had dinner with a few friends of Joe's from the doctoral program. We went to Red Robin (Yummmmm!).


On a walk our last morning in Wilmore.

From Kentucky, we drove to Atlanta. We got to meet Leah Rose!!! She is so beautiful and sweet. I am in love.
Jennifer and Leah

A present for Hannah - a GT yellow and white striped tennis dress. Adorable!

Saturday morning we left Atlanta and headed for Savannah. After a belated-birthday lunch with Will (my younger brother, 28) and Mama/Grandma we went to Graci Dare's 1st birthday party! She is such a cutie and we don't get to see her (or her mom and dad) near enough!

I love this picture of all the cameras...

When we got home in the huge stack of mail was a box for Hannah from her Poppy (Joe's dad). Her first pair of Crocs. Poppy wears them all the time. They don't fit quite yet, but they do make a great teether!


I like to travel. I like to go places, visit friends, and do new things. But I like to come home too. And, after sixteen days for Joe and ten days for Hannah and me, we are back home and sleeping in our own beds. As a welcome home surprise our hot water heater went out and Joe woke up to a cold shower yesterday morning (I showered across the street at Ms. Ida's.) before going to work/church. It's fixed now, Hannah is back on her normal routine (and happy), a busy Sunday is over, and bags are (almost) unpacked. I do need to get started on that mountain of laundry...

All things considered, Hannah did well while we were away. Many hours in the car, sleeping in the pack-n-play for a week and a half in 5 different places....it could have been a lot worse. We are happy to be back home.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love traveling with a baby? Taking baths in the sink and putting the pack and play up everywhere you go? I am glad you guys had a good trip. I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete