Thursday, October 27, 2011

something different

I want to change the header of this blog, but haven't figured out what I want to do, so how about this for now?

I cropped a photo of the flowers Joe delivered to me the week of our anniversary.



He came to the front door, rang the doorbell and all. Such the romantic...Aren't they beautiful?

By the way, we had dinner at 700 Drayton, the restaurant at the Mansion on Forsyth Park in Savannah. We left the grandkids with Grandma for a night out.


I had to leave Hannah in the picture...

I love this restaurant. The food is excellent and the decor is fabulous. I had my bridesmaids luncheon there.


 700drayton.com

Side story - The restaurant part of the hotel was actually a funeral home for Fox and Weeks. My aunt married one of the funeral directors, a Weeks. His dad, also a funeral director, who we call Anddaddy, was like a grandfather to me. {In fact, Joe and I had our wedding dinner and dance under a tent in the yard of his house on the water at Isle of Hope in Savannah. He was excited to offer his house for the event, but sadly did not make it to see our wedding day. We loved him and miss him dearly.}

So, we had a nice anniversary. You may know that Joe and I exchange traditional anniversary gifts. The first year it was paper, the second it was cotton, and so on. The fifth year is wood. In lieu of individual gifts we decided we were going to buy something together - perhaps a piece of furniture. I looked while I was at Scott's Antique Market in Atlanta a few weeks ago, but made no decision. We hope to find something special to mark five years of wedded bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment