Monday, October 10, 2011

first of october

Last weekend we were in North Georgia for a wedding, Joe officiating. Grandma was there to help with the kids, and Joe and I got some time just the two of us. Because of the assortment of table sizes at the rehearsal dinner, Joe and I ended up at a table for two. No complaint from us; it was delightful being able to catch up and talk about everything over candlelight at a nice little mountain inn. The parents of the bride are our dear friends, and Hannah's godparents, John and Karen. They are in Jesup and we miss them so much. It was nice to see them and catch up. We picked up Hannah from Grandma's hotel and took her to the reception. We knew she would love dancing to the {very loud} music the band played. The reception was outside. It was very cold, so dancing was imminent.



Best wishes to Sarah and Marshall. Thank you for letting us be a part of it.

Sunday, we drove to Atlanta in time for the 11 o'clock service at Buckhead Church. This is where I went when I lived there, though not to it's current location. {I attended when church was held at an old grocery store.} It was awesome. We had lunch with our friends Jennifer and Daniel, and our precious goddaughter, Leah. I cannot believe I didn't take a single picture. Later we went to a first birthday party for Ty, the second son of my good friend and beloved big sister, Julie. Ty and big brother MJ are so cute and I'm thankful their mommy blogs so that I can keep up with them too!


Julie and Steve had a petting zoo and pony rides.






Hannah was skeptical, but it was good practice for her preschool field trip to the Washington County Agricultural Fair a few days later. Her first field trip:







As you can see, she got over any hesitancy she might have had before. She was more concerned about getting the wood shavings all over her leggings. Mrs. Connie to the rescue!


Then, she caught site of a shiny golf cart. What animals?


And then she got away. This child is really into running from me. I'm not really into the chase.


The next day we left town again. But before I go...

Later that night, Hannah went to her bathtub to grab her terry bath chick and came to me with her dress lifted: "I need to feed my baby."


After she nursed her baby, she put her down for tummy time on Joseph's play mat. A little mini me.

No comments:

Post a Comment