Monday, July 5, 2010

hannah and hungry caterpillar

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is possibly one of the best children board books there is. And Hannah agrees. For those of you who may have been deprived this story, this little caterpillar is - as the title suggest- hungry. He eats and he eats and he eats. Finally he sleeps and builds a cocoon. Then he becomes a beautiful butterfly. Hannah looooooves it.

Our book came with a little green caterpillar - identical to the one in the story. At first I would give Mr. Caterpillar to Hannah while I read her the book before I put her to bed. Somehow "he" made his way into the living room among her toys. She has been partial to him ever since. The only thing I can think is that it's the perfect size for her little grip and the colors are bright. We did buy her the sweetest bunny for Easter that I was hoping might become her lovey. Alas, that is not so...at least for now. She also has these cute blanket/animal head things (I have no idea what they are called). Nope. "Hungry Caterpillar "has been elevated to the status of member of the family. Hungry Caterpillar has been dragged around the house and has collected all sorts of nasty stuff on his fur, including Chloe and Mollie hair (great). Hungry Caterpillar has endured all sorts of adventures, including errands and hotel stays, baths in saliva and baths in water.

And so, I decided to get out my camera and take some pictures of Hannah while she played (H.C. in hand, never slowing her down). Some of these pictures are blurry because she was all over the place.



If you ask me, he is quite lucky to be Hannah's best friend...even if just for a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment