Saturday, July 10, 2010

10 months old!


Yesterday our sweet baby girl was 10 months old. Every 9th that goes by I think, where do the days go? How in the world can she be this old? Ten months seems to be significantly older than 9 months for some reason. Perhaps it's because I keep thinking in 2 months she'll be ONE YEAR and I don't want to think about that quite yet. I find myself thinking about this time last year. It was hot. I was big. Everyone was asking me when I was due - thinking I was going to say that week or the next. I was crazy trying to get everything ready. I was nesting waaaay before it would be considered normal. I was so excited to meet Hannah and I wanted everything to be just right. I love my baby girl. I thank God for her over and over and over. I treasure every day. I peer over her crib while she's sleeping and I am in awe. She's a gift. I love her so much.

Sometimes when I peek in on her during her naps, I find her in the cutest positions. On a couple recent occasions I just had to take a picture. I wanted to show Joe. And I wanted to capture that precious moment in time.


I mean, did you happen to notice where her left foot was? I admire her flexibility.

Literally from day to day, she is changing and growing so much, learning new skills and sounds, and keeping her Daddy and me very busy. In the last couple weeks she's begun to pull herself to stand more regularly. In fact, she loves this new skill so much that for the first half hour or more of her naptime, she practices by holding onto the railing and shuffles along the sides of the crib. Finally she'll fall asleep. Later, I'll go in to find her doing more of the same. I love watching her entertain herself, but I don't love how it's shortened her afternoon naps from 2+ hrs to 1 or so.


Yesterday morning we went to pick blueberries. It was the first time for all three of us. Two of our church members, Roy and Susie, have a huge blueberry farm. In the past we've gotten big bags filled with fresh blueberries. This time we asked if we could pick our own. We strapped Hannah in the Bjorn and got to work.


...and later for dessert, Joe made fresh blueberry cobbler! Yummmmmm.


What a great day. Happy 10 months Hannah Banana!

1 comment:

  1. Aww.....SOOOOO BIG! Happy 10 Month Hannah!! Uncle Ben and I brought you back a surprise from Cincinnati! Can't wait to give it to you little one!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete