Thursday, April 1, 2010

A little more challenging...

Hannah is napping so I thought I'd write a quick update:

It's Maundy Thursday and theoretically I should be half-way through my spring cleaning.  I am here to report that I am doing ok but a little behind.  Monday was a challenge.  Hannah wasn't having a good day and that set me back.  But Tuesday was better, and yesterday was great.  The kitchen is done with what I can do - I am not allowed to touch some cabinets.  There's never been a cleaner and more organized refrigerator though!  Air filters are cleaned.  Bedroom is spotless.  The duvet cover and shams have been washed and ironed.  Even the valance was washed and ironed and the blinds bleached clean.  Winter clothes have been replaced with warmer weather ones... The house is looking good.  Today I am going to work in Hannah's room and the bathrooms.  Bathrooms.  I'm dreading that the most.

Spiritually my goal was to remain focused on prayer and reflection.  It is a little more challenging than I thought...  I find my mind wandering as I make my way through the house.  Things I see along the way can distract me easily.  So my new tactic is to focus on a person or specific subject as I do a certain task.  This has helped a lot.  I have the tv set on the contemporary Christian music channel and only change the station to the news when I'm feeding Hannah.  At the end of the day I am exhausted but have a sense of accomplishment in what I've done at home, and a feeling of contentment in my soul.

Now I gotta get off this laptop and get to work!  Have a great day!  Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. any tips for those blinds? I am in spring/cleaning/ nesting mode and I am so so so so tired of wiping slat after slat of the blinds. We have white wooden (maybe faux) blinds. Such a great Triduum goal you have! My husband would fall in love with me all over again if I took that one on! Oh- and got your sweet fb msg. I have little to no access to fb during the week but will definitely email you!

    ReplyDelete