Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter Monday!

We had a busy week last week.  I am thankful that *most* of my cleaning is behind me.  There are a few things I would have liked to have done during my spring cleaning, but just couldn't get to.  I wrote in my journal every morning about my progress and the challenges of my Lenten endeavor.  As I mentioned in the last post, it certainly was not easy to always keep my focus - especially while cleaning the bathrooms! 

I was sore the day after doing the bathrooms by the way - shoulders, arms, back... I remembered that I didn't do any DEEP cleaning last spring because I was pregnant. And though I did nest - terribly - there were some things that I just couldn't do, even as a mad pregnant lady. One of those was scouring the tubs with heavy chemicals. (I took Hannah over to "I I" across the street.) But, everything is so clean now - windows, blinds, baseboards, every nook and cranny. And Keri, the trick to blinds is soaking them in a diluted bleach-filled tub. A job for the hubby since you are pregnant! (Yay, right?). Hang to dry over the tub or outside if pollen isn't a problem (and where isn't it?).

Overall it was a good exercise.  I'm glad I did it.  I liked the time to pray and talk to God.  I liked designating a specific subject to a task, praying about one thing, person or family at a time and not rushing through a list of concerns and praises.  The week ended with solemn services on Thursday and Friday and a beautiful Easter morning.  Clean house...and a clean heart.

This week I can focus on finishing up house work/yard work, going through a week's worth of mail (because there was no time for opening mail when I had to take advantage of every spare moment when Hannah was sleeping or otherwise engaged to clean), working on the Operation Hungry Child newsletter, getting ready for our trip, and uploading pictures from this weekend.  That being said, here's a sneak peek:

1 comment:

  1. thanks much!! Hope your day is great! Happy Easter to you and that beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete