Thursday, May 15, 2014

outdoor kids

My kids love to be outside. It may seem like a simple thing, but it is something I'm very thankful for. They are moving and getting some exercise, using their imaginations and exploring things…and keeping my house tidier by them not being in it. A win/win!

The weather has been mostly nice the last several weeks so we've spent hours playing in the backyard. The fun never ends; there's so much to do.


Hannah and I recently spent some time together in her clubhouse. I had my iPad and took a video of her talking to me. I couldn't stop looking at her. She looked so grown up and beautiful. The clubhouse is very much her space and she collects all sorts of things up there. I'm thinking she and I might decorate it a bit this summer…


I was reading on the back porch and had to stop to take a picture. I don't usually have my phone when we're playing outside, so most cute moments aren't photographed. But this time I did, and they were so sweet playing ring-around-the-rosey together.


At the end of April my dad and his wife came to visit us for a couple days. We spent most of our time outside…





And now that the days are warm and the pollen has gone, we are in the backyard every day after nap/quiet time.


The tractor and jeep are getting a lot of use. Sometimes they chase each other around the yard. They play in this fantastic imaginary world. I love to hear what they say - what they're doing and where they're going.


They've recently started riding the tractor together.


…I love that look he's giving her.


Weekend before last friends came to play. Joseph and Rue:


And Tuesday afternoon… I told them I was thinking about driving my car into the backyard and washing it.  You would've thought I announced they were going to eat pizza every night for the rest of the week. They were ecstatic. After that reaction, I didn't really have a choice; I had to follow through. And so, we washed cars and had a grand old time.





More fun memories on Evergreen Drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment