Sunday, May 18, 2014

a funeral and a wedding

Last week was a busy one.

Troup, a cousin of Joe's, much like an uncle, passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack. We went to Alabama for the funeral, which Joe officiated. It was a sad occasion, but it gave us the opportunity to introduce our children to that side of the family (and for me to meet some relatives). Troup loved horses and we spent some time with his beloved animals while at his beautiful home in Auburn. Hannah loved playing with her "new" cousins, too.


She fed and rode one bareback!




Joseph liked watching, playing with the hose and petting a tiny puppy.


{Joe with Uncle Jerry and Uncle Earl}

{Riding on the "tractor" lawn-mower with cousin Terrill}

I couldn't help but take this picture:


We shared suitcases and when I opened the boys' to add some stuff and saw that, I just couldn't help but capture the cuteness with my phone. I love his little dress shoes in his daddy's.

The next morning we took the kids to see the Auburn campus. We thought it would've been football season when we were next there, and the kids' first time in Auburn. We were planning on going to stay with Troup and his wife, Ginny and see a football game. Sad we never got that chance…





The stadium was open so we got to go in. Hannah and Joseph were amazed.


{Jordan-Hare Stadium/Pat Dye Field}


I have to admit, Joe and I thought it was pretty cool, too.

{Samford Hall}

Obviously, the indoctrination process has begun. On Instagram I called it "campus orientation". 


At the end of the week we headed to Savannah for my cousin's wedding. We helped host the rehearsal dinner at my mom's house and had a lot of fun playing with family. I'm kicking myself for not getting a family picture, but I did take a few pictures:





Congratulations to Jessica and Uriah (and Jasper)!


Look at that sweet little smiling face in the background between the happy couple. Hannah loves a "marry girl".

We had both happy and sad times all in a week. Hannah and Joseph did ok despite the many hours spent in the car. In between the traveling for family things, Joe had to travel twice for work. Needless to say, we were excited when Sunday got here.

And that brings me to Mother's Day. I cannot believe this happened, and seeing all the pictures on Facebook was salt in my wounds, but for the first time I did not get a picture with my children. This may seem unimportant; Joe didn't think it was too awful ("You have lots of pictures…"), but I did. Granted last year's picture was a pain with Hannah pouting and Joseph not staying put, but still… Oh well.

Preschool creations:



I know it's been a week, but I still want to say happy (belated) Mother's Day to all you moms and to those who mean the most to me - you know who you are. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment