Tuesday, February 25, 2014

visit from uncle ben

My older brother came to visit from Cincinnati (by way of Atlanta) for a couple of nights back at the beginning of this month. Aunt Katie wasn't feeling well, so he came solo. The kids were coming out of that sick spell and were ready to play. The ice storm came and the pictures never made it to the blog.

We had a good time.


He pretended Joseph was knocking him down (again and again), and Joseph's giggle was too much. I love that sweet sound. "Uncle Ben! Push me bery higher!!"



If that is not an adorable uncle/nephew picture, I don't know what is.



Hannah loves her Uncle Ben, too. He is a goofball.


Joseph going up…


…and the showoff coming down. {I'm pretty sure little brother is yelling at her in this picture, likely trying to tell her she is doing it wrong.}




She is utterly fearless driving the jeep around the yard at full speed, swinging super high, or climbing up things, but ever since her Christmas Day fall, Hannah has really not been that excited about her new bike. Ben was able to encourage her up the street…with his help, she made some headway in the fear department.



Meme came in town later that day. I really wish I had a video of us playing hide and go seek in the front yard. I haven't seen my mom run like that in, well…I'm not sure I've ever seen her run like that. The kids had a ball. We all had a ball.


…and Joseph was a crazy man behind the wheel. {I'm glad we have the jeep with the guard rail/bumper/bar thing in the front. Comes in handy when you hit big trees at full speed.}



The next morning, Hannah had her first performance singing with the cherub choir at church. Ben recorded it (and I did my best to piece together the videos he sent me in iMovie).


I loved watching her. Happy momma moment. Fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment