Friday, February 28, 2014

friday randomness

I am not an every day blogger. If I were, my posts would mainly consists of pictures taken from my phone - and most likely of the kids, things pertaining to them, design inspiration or just random things like this…


But I'm hard-pressed as is to find time to sort through photos that sync between my phone and this computer and then upload them to the blog…much less write things to go along with them. And who wants to listen to me ramble everyday anyway?

So, with that said, occasionally a photo dump, mobile style, is in order.

Here is some randomness from the last couple weeks.


I tend to relearn often that boys and girls are quite different.

Take coloring for example.



They can coexist completely focused in their own worlds. Sometimes it's coloring, sometimes it's trains, and sometimes it's puzzles and Legos.


…and other times they conspire and cause trouble, just as siblings should.


Yes…she has climbed in his bed and I listened as she tried to coach him on how to get out. Thankfully, he chickened out. I'd like a few more months please…

Granddaddy sent them a map. 


They are very excited. We've already put stickers on where people live. 

Hannah and I went to Augusta for an appointment with a pediatric ophthalmologist. 


Our pediatrician thought she noticed one of Hannah's eyes drifting at her four-year well visit. Her office called in a referral and, because it was barely noticeable, the appointment wasn't until four months later. She did great and her vision is perfect! 

We had lunch afterwards, and I had one of those mom moments, when I looked at her and wanted time to stand still. I asked her to smile for a picture so I'd always remember the sweetness on her face.


It was just a Chic-fil-A lunch. But it was way more than that. I so enjoy our time just us.

Hannah went to the dentist this week, as you might have seen on Instagram or Facebook. It started well. She was a willing patient and Joseph was there for support. 


And then it got a little dicey.


And then we got here. Joseph messing with all the tools and Hannah looking like someone about to have a panic attack.


Her teeth are great!

Yesterday I took Joseph to Savannah for another GI appointment. He doesn't like the sun in his eyes.


I usually give him a pair of my sunglasses and that helps a little. He was pretty angry with the sun though. I recorded part of his lashing out. Not sure how to upload audio files, but it went like this: "Ahhh! Go away sun! Go away!!! Ahhhhhhh!! GO away sun, GO AWAY!!!" The little guy had to deal with the sun (and I had to deal with his yelling at the sun) for half our trip. 


After three hours we were on our way. I do not like going to that office. I so want a normal, healthy little boy who is free from pain and the situation he's been dealing with for 2 1/2 years. We do believe things are getting better, though slowly. And we are optimistic that he'll eventually grow out of all his troubles. Please God…


When I got home, Joe had this delicious dinner planned. {I told you this was a random post.}


A re-invented huevos rancheros with corn patties, poached eggs, sautéed peppers, avocados and homemade pico de gallo. We put the kids to bed and had a quiet dinner. It was yummmmmmy.

That's all for now. Meme is coming tomorrow and we are celebrating her birthday. Hannah is beside herself talking about what we are going to do, how we are going to decorate, and (of course) what she is going to wear. 

Hope you have a nice weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment