Saturday, February 8, 2014

land of the living

And all I can say is....whew! This week did me in. Hannah was out from school the whole week and Joseph went only one day. It was bad here in the Buck house.

I saw more high fevers in Hannah, as (we suspect) she had some nasty virus on top of (or that turned into) a sinus infection. With around-the-clock ibuprofen doses, her temp stayed above 101, usually in the 102s. Three times her fever was 104 or greater. Yes, that kind of high. The kind that makes a mom nervous. Several times I did everything I could think of to cool her down...and when it happens in the middle of the night, it seems even more scary. I slept on her trundle quite a bit this week. On Wednesday I took her to the pediatrician and she started antibiotics...which she threw up...twice. Thursday we switched antibiotics. And started Joseph on one. He never was as bad as Hannah and his fever was low-grade at the highest, but the cold-like symptoms worsened and I was afraid we were headed down the same path as Honey.

Yesterday, fevers finally broke and I started to see a ray of sunshine in our gloomy week. We were getting better. Today has been great. Thank God. Through all this, Joe and I were also not well. As I said to a friend: being home with two sick, clingy, pathetic children is not fun. Being sick yourself, at the same time, is just plain rough.

We got out just a couple times all week. Once was to see the demolition that was going on on the church property.


Hannah had to get out and get close as soon as I stopped the car...


Joseph had to warm up a little to all the noise. Both didn't want to leave.


Before all that happened here at Evergreen Drive, last Saturday Hannah and I had a really productive and fun momma/daughter day in Augusta. The main purpose for our trip (just over an hour drive) was to attend a friend's birthday party. Hannah enjoyed herself in the bouncy house.


I finally had birth announcements framed.


...something I've wanted to have done for a long time. I haven't picked them up yet, but I am so excited to see the finished product and get these things up on the wall. {I went with the upper left frame for Joseph's. Both are two-opening, double-matted frames.}

I bought this cute little succulent arrangement for my desk.


We visited The Savvy Shopper, a cute furniture and home decor place that has everything from new, to vintage, to antique stuff. I bought one of these baskets, in yellow, and plan to buy another one or two on my next visit.


I put mine on the shelf in the laundry room and it keeps that big mess of bottles and boxes contained.


...And on my way out, this stopped me dead in my tracks:


I love that blue dresser, with the distressed edges and brass hardware. I would put it in my house.


We also went home with these artichokes:


I put them in my grandmother's antique silver bowl on my living room coffee table.


We had a great day together. I love time with my little girl and momma/daughter adventures.

Well, Uncle Ben is in town visiting from Cincinnati and Meme just got here a little bit ago, so I'm going to go play. Have a great weekend!



PS: Speaking of silver, one of the toddler forks landed in the garbage disposal this week. Not good...


It was likely my fault. Oops.




No comments:

Post a Comment