Wednesday, February 26, 2014

one (big) thing checked off

On President's Day, we rode over to Augusta. Joe needed to visit the food bank our church is partnering with for our Backpack Buddies program, and I had a couple errands to run. We ate lunch at Five Guys. I could eat those fries all day long, but the whole family loves the peanuts. My kids could live off of them.



I picked up these:


Such an overdue item on my to-do list, that actually having them in hand was almost overwhelming. I am so happy with the way they turned out. I did not want them to match exactly, but I did want them to coordinate.


I did the same mats, and the frames, while completely different, both have a champagne finish.


I am glad I went with this frame for Hannah's. I was initially thinking a wider molding, but this one compliments the announcement's background pattern without being over-the-top. And I love how deep it is.


Joseph's is so different from anything I've seen, and if I went off of my snap-judgement when I first got into the store I would have saved myself some time with the second-guessing. It's masculine but works well with the announcement, a good contradiction to Hannah's very feminine frame. I love it.

I hung them next to one another in the hallway outside the kids' bedrooms. Check!

You know how sometimes it just hits you and, all of a sudden, you realize how big your babies are, and that they're not really, well, babies anymore?




Maybe it's looking at the birth announcements. Maybe it's the words and phrases I'm hearing lately or the conversations we're having. Maybe it's capturing everyday moments in pictures like these… But it has certainly hit me. They are growing up…too fast sometimes for my liking.

1 comment: