Wednesday, May 8, 2013

time with my girl

I like the little bits of time I get with Hannah most days after her quiet time while Joseph is still napping. I treasure those moments, just the two of us. The last two weekends, Monkey and I have had opportunities to be just us girls.

Weekend before last, I surprised her and took her to see the ballet recital at the local private school. It was a sea theme - and right now she is into mermaids. {Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet, anyone?} She had been wanting to wear the new outfit my mom bought her - a pink tutu-like top and pink lace leggings - and while it isn't exactly a good choice for preschool, this was the perfect opportunity. She had a great time watching the ballerinas and the Sea Witch made a lasting impression. {We had to have a discussion about how she was just pretending to be mean. After all, it didn't make sense to her when the Sea Witch and the Mermaid Queen held hands and curtsied together at the end.} Afterwards I asked her if it was ok if we brought "the boys" along for ice cream. She thought that sounded like a good idea, so we picked them up and off to the Diary Lane we went for an ice cream cone with sprinkles!


This past weekend, we did some in-town shopping on Saturday, and spent the rest of the afternoon playing at home. Hannah has come a long way with her castle-building skills. Of course, she has gotten some structural advice a time or two from her mom. But this was all her, and I think she's proud:


It rained all day long on Saturday, but Sunday after church the clouds went away and the sun came out. It was a beautiful afternoon, so while the boys napped the girls played outside. We had popsicles, painted nails, and enjoyed the sunshine. At one point, as Hannah thought I was reading my magazine, I watched her on the swing, flip flops on the wrong feet, pumping with all her might. I watched her take off from the ground, pump until she was swinging high, and then bring herself to a stop, hopping off the swing. It was so sweet just watching her do her thing. So I went inside and grabbed my iPad and took a video of her playing. I think she was a little nervous at the start...


Just since this video was taken, she has gotten better. She hops right up on the swing and takes off. Cannot believe how fast these kids pick things up.

Unfortunately Hannah has been home from school this week. Sick, again. Poor child, she has been ill for the better part of a month.



Today she is a different child. She slept an uninterrupted 12 hours last night and felt great when she woke up, asking to go to preschool. She loves it.

Heading out myself to take advantage of this beautiful day with a run. But before I go, I must brag on my smartie. Saturday morning, as I was having my morning devotion time, Hannah came in to find me. Seeing what a good job she did recently writing her name on a coloring sheet, I asked if she would write it in my journal.


All by herself. A page I will treasure...

She recently said to me, "Momma, do you realize that I love you and you're my best friend?" Yes...I do, my sweet, precious girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment