Tuesday, May 14, 2013

momma's day

My Mother's Day celebration started on Friday. I was greeted at the preschool playground with two excited gift-bearing children. Hannah could barely stand the wait until we could get home and open them up. {What? Wait until it is actually Mother's Day? No way, Jose!} 


 
Doesn't she look pleased with herself? Inside was this:


A watering can she painted, garden gloves and seeds. Looks like a momma/daughter project!

I got this from Joseph:


Look at these big hands!



My heart melted a little when I read the poem. Walk alongside me, Mommy...

Saturday, we went to a birthday party for Hannah's 5-year-old friend, Sydney. It was at a place called Bojo's, our first party-experience at one of those indoor playground/marshmallow pit/bouncy houses and slides places. Both kids had a grand ole time.



Joseph particularly liked the indoor playground contraption and Joe had to go in there after him so we could leave.


He also enjoyed the marshmallow pit. Well, that's what I call it. I'm not sure what they're called these days.



My kind hubby let me sleep in on Sunday and as I was coming out of the bedroom, I was greeted by three excited little kids, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOMMY!!!!!!!" bearing cards and breakfast in bed (which I ended up eating in the playroom to be with the munchkins).


A pretty, red geranium accompanied eggs with bacon and feta, cinnamon toast, and coffee. Yummmm.


That was the lone bloom on my backporch plants, but that's ok. It was totally worth it. While I was outside taking a picture of it, he was at the backdoor, not happy:


I wanted a picture with my children after church, but didn't get much cooperation.


So then I just tried for one of the kids, thinking maybe the problem was me.

 
Joseph was busy with Joe's phone and Hannah was being a pouty poot.


One forced smile and we called it quits. Meltdowns ensued and we decided to go home rather than out to lunch. Later in the afternoon things turned around and Hannah and I had our first tea party.



It was a lovely time. The rest of the day was busy, with a book study at the church and the private school's baccalaureate.  Joe was the speaker, and I went along while the kids went to bed. {Joe did great, preaching a message of building a foundation on solid ground, being an original the way God made you, and standing up for your values in a world that is increasingly becoming comfortable with sin.} I, unfortunately, had to leave a screaming Joseph in the hands of our old babysitter, Suzanna (whom he didn't remember), but both kids were sleeping peacefully when we returned home.

All in all, a nice Mother's Day. I am grateful for a husband who makes me feel like a good mom every day and for my own wonderful mom, who is always there for me and my children. To my mom, mother-in-law, aunts, and all the mom-figures in my life, I love you. Praying for a year full of blessings to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment