Wednesday, January 30, 2013

project: baby book

I finally stopped procrastinating and made my project last week putting together Joseph's baby book. {In fact, I wouldn't let myself blog or do anything else until it was completed.} I might not have been as organized as I was doing the first-born's, and I might not have remembered as many details and dates, but I guess that's what happens with #2.

As you know, when you embark on a project of the sort, a mess is created in the process. My work space was my dining room, with pictures, cards, mementos, and art supplies covering the surface of my table and the surrounding floor. The first couple of days (when given the chance to work) I went through boxes and bins and collected all things Joseph and set up piles by subject (pregnancy, birth, doctor, holidays, etc.).


It was all I could do to try to keep the little ones from taking things from my organized stacks and going through my art bins.


But I got it finished - or pretty close to it. I still have to order some photos for a couple pages.



This book is all about you, sweet boy. I hope you like looking at it one day.


I like the way it turned out.


It was a little too full when I put it together, so I took some cards out. I have it sitting under a dumbbell right now to smush it down a little.


That's Hannah's underneath. They have just about the same number of pages. Didn't really make that a priority, but glad it turned out that way. Joseph's is a little thicker because I'm trying to flatten a Pampers Swaddlers diaper, size newborn. Just couldn't bring myself to throw it away.

And now, on to my next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment