Friday, November 9, 2012

seat assignments

Back up a little bit to that wedding we went to in Savannah in October. A friend of my cousin's did the name cards for the reception. {The same guy that did those beautiful flowers and the bride's bouquet of jewels.} I call them name cards, because I can't think of another word...name setting maybe? Anyway, they were fabulous. And I'm not throwing that word around lightly.

So these awesome trinkets-used-to-denote-who-is-sitting-where consisted of a custom-made framed picture of the couple, backed with a page from an antique or vintage book. Tassled to the top of the frame were antique cutlery hammered flat by, who else, the bride's mother. Metal stamp letters engraved the name of the guest on each one.


A page from Old Yeller backed Joe's frame.





I love how the backing of Hannah's frame was a page from a Spenser Little Friends book.



The back of my frame was a page from an old dictionary. I think it's perfect that it's the page with bright and brilliant defined, as well as a diagram of a diamond. In case you were wondering, the M.O.B. said she picked that one out for me.
 



Almost a month later and I'm still thinking about how creative and unique that idea was. There's more where that came from... Let me know if you are interested in the design services of KK and Bob.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up, Lindsey, we'll find a job for KK yet! Her SS# is in shock! Think I'm going to hang mine on the Christmas tree then each year I can think of Juliana's wedding when I put up my tree!

    ReplyDelete