Tuesday, November 13, 2012

savannah/rock-n-roll

We spent another six days in Savannah at the beginning of the month. We were in town for the marathon and an Operation Hungry Child presentation, but got plenty of play time with the kids. Hannah and Joseph enjoyed running around the race expo that Thursday, and Friday I took Hannah to the mall to find a gift and play at the soft play.

Hannah on the "escavator" and playing in the store windows:



Friday afternoon we met my friend, Julie, and her family at Forsyth Park. That's Ty, Julie's middle child, behind Joseph on the left.



Pre-race pizza (always) at Mellow Mushroom. MJ and Hannah. This is how preschoolers flirt.


In case you wondered what a dinner out looks like, I think I captured it well:


Saturday was race day. Joe's mom rode downtown with us early that morning and gathered our gear at the starting line and my mom (and cousin, Emma) brought the kids to cheer. I was so excited when I saw them on the course (twice!). My brother, Will, saw me cross the finish line. It was my first half marathon and I was exhausted! Joe did amazing and made his goal of a sub-three-hour marathon with a time of 2:59:41. Whew! I ran a sub-two-hour half with a time of 1:58:29 and was very happy surpassing my goal.


Joe and me with Julie and Steve. {Took the photo from her blog. Thanks, Jules!}


Julie ran her one hundredth marathon. No, it was really her 15th, but impressive nonetheless.

Hannah liked the soft play so much we went back on Sunday to show Joseph.


The stores were all closed so it was deserted. I'm not sure if Joseph had more fun playing or following the janitor/vacuum around.


Then we had a picnic and played at another park...we were really covering the bases trying to wear the kids out. We like the bouncy, rocking animals at the park, can't you tell?


We went to Toys-R-Us to see what we might want to ask Santa for...


We went to Cold Stone, a favorite.


I love Joseph waiting patiently with his mouth open.


It was a good trip, but we were happy to be back home. I put my present from Hannah on the car: a pink 13.1 sticker. Pink, of course. Maybe not what I would've picked, but that's ok. She was very proud of it, so I put it on the side where her carseat is so she'll see it everytime she gets in the car.


Sweet girl.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thx for the MJ and Hannah pic. Sooo good to see u and your beautiful family as always. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete