Wednesday, November 21, 2012

saturday before last

We spent the day at home, playing, watching football, and dressing up.



We picked the very first lemon from our tree. {I gave this Meyer lemon tree to Joe for our 3rd anniversary.}


One thing I have learned: it takes a while once you see a lemon for it to mature. I am not a very patient person, but they are worth the wait.




There are more lemons coming.
 

Aunt Karen and Uncle John, Hannah's godparents and our dear friends, came through town. We had dinner and got to catch up. We miss them!



The following day, Joe just preached a sermon about committing ourselves to God in our faith and through our gifts and service to the church. He talked about how too many of us over-schedule our lives. I know he was referring to being so busy that you don't having anything leftover and lose sight of your priorities. But, I'm taking that as a clear sign that the pastoral family needs to practice what we preach! We have been so busy... Is it possible to slow down now that it is Thanksgiving and the Christmas season is upon us?

This holiday season will be better. I have decided that I am going to not procrastinate, take care of things that need to be done/bought, and organize my time so that we can enjoy ourselves. I might end up over-scheduling a little, but I'm going to try. I want the holidays to be fun - full of family time and making memories (and not about stress) - and be about what it's suppose to be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment