Friday, October 19, 2012

hannah's pumpkin

I picked up a pumpkin for our kitchen table at Wal-Mart last week. I'm not sure I've ever seen one so perfectly round.


I let Hannah decorate it. You might expect how she did...


{She's eating a bowl of peanuts by the way - her favorite snack.}




Talking about how much Hannah has grown, I realized I forgot to post Hannah's stats from her three-year appointment, so here they are:

weight: 32lbs (75 percentile)
height: 38" (80 percentile)

I was surprised by the high percentile in weight. Hannah has never been high in weight, usually ranging from 10-50 percentile. But, I guess it makes sense with her height. In fact, her BMI is +15.5. Dr. Jennifer said she is the perfect weight for her height. She gained 6 lbs and grew 3.5" in the last year (the average is 2.5). Quite a growth spurt, but we kinda figured as much. For a while now we've been going into her room some nights after hearing her cry to rub her feet and legs and give her ibuprofen. I can remember having horrible growing pains myself, though I was a little older. I, too, would cry and my mom would come into my room and sit on my bed, rubbing my feet... It's painful and I'm sorry for her.

I think she liked getting checked out. She likes to play doctor at home with her Fisher Price medical kit. Joseph and Mollie are her usual patients. Her blood pressure is good: 92/60. She passed her hearing and vision test. Her vision is 20/30 which is right where it should be at this point. Everything else checked out fine and we were on our merry way. No shots, yay! Unfortunately there is nothing the doctor can do about the tantrums... :) 

2 comments:

  1. OMG this last picture she looks so grown up! Love her fashionable pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on the blog and just had to stop here and comment. OBSESSED with this last picture! Hannah looks like such a big girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete