Friday, October 19, 2012

another haircut

Today I took Hannah to get her hair cut. We've had a problem for a while now with her twirling her hair in her crib. I am sure that it is a comfort thing as she only does it just before she goes to sleep or just after she wakes up. The twirling is not the problem. The fact that she gets her hair completely tangled up around her thumb and then pulls her hair out (or has to have it cut out) is the problem. Back in February, she got her thumb so tangled up in her hair that it was purple when we got to her crib. It was horrible and we were scared. Not caring about her hair, we wanted to save her thumb! She's done it a few times since, though not quite as bad. We have tried to get her to stop, but she won't. {Have I mentioned she's strong-willed?} This week, every morning there was another little tuft of hair on her bed. There was a bald spot on the top of her head and the hair growing back is all different lengths. We decided that a haircut was in order. She did not like this, as it would get rid of her much-loved ponytail. Joe and I would have rather it grow too, but went with our decision anyway. I dreaded the appointment, but it went fine.

Before school this morning:


We went in steps starting with just a couple inches...


...and stopped here:


She did great and likes her new hair.


It's not too short, but hopefully short enough that she can't get it so tangled if she does continue to twirl.

To me, I liked it more when she woke up from her nap.



Keeping Daddy from getting work done...but I don't think Daddy seems really that bothered, do you?




1 comment:

  1. She looks like such a little lady! I love it!

    ReplyDelete