Saturday, December 24, 2011

merry birthday

We were in Savannah for a couple of days this week to celebrate my birthday with family. Joe and I went out to dinner while my mom babysat and really enjoyed being able to get out just the two of us and talk! Thursday, I had the best day. My mom scheduled me for a facial first thing and a mani/pedi in the afternoon. It was wonderful being pampered. Joe surprised me with a smart phone. {Yes, up until now, I've had just a normal phone. No checking email or uploading pictures to Facebook. I am excited about having such a fancy phone and a bit intimidated with the technology.} And my mom surprised me by giving me my blog - in book form. I was overwhelmed. I usually say that it is hard to surprise me, but surprised I was. Twice.

Thursday night, we went to dinner with family and friends to one of those Japanese restaurants where they cook on the table in front of you. I figured Hannah would love it and she definitely did. Believe it or not, I forgot my camera, but if you could have seen the look on her face...

After dinner we changed Hannah into her elf pajamas and went to see "tacky lights". There is this one we go to every year. It's an older couple who's been doing it for years. They raise money for the Salvation Army and let the kids ring the bell when they drop money into the bucket. I'm not sure I've ever seen Hannah so excited. She was running around the yard, shrieking with delight. So fun to watch. She stood still a couple times...






Friday, before we left town, we went to the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist to see the huge nativity scene they do every year. It is amazing the amount of work that goes into it. You may remember when we took Hannah last year. It's kind of a family tradition.


Joseph woke up in time to get a good view from Daddy's shoulders.



A merry birthday it was. I am thankful to my family, who made it so special, and for all those I heard from throughout the day. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment