Thursday, December 29, 2011

corralling chaos

I recently read that term somewhere and it just struck a cord. It's what I feel like I do at times. Right now we are in post-Christmas mode, with the house in disarray and presents everywhere. {The wrapping paper, boxes, and bags have all been taken out of the house, at least.} Contrary to what I see around this town, I plan on leaving my decorations up for a little longer. Christmas goes until Epiphany, after all. And we are a liturgical family. I admit I get the itch to take down the tree and put the decorations up around New Year's though. {That's a nod to my OCD when it comes to a neat house. As if that can be accomplished for longer than five minutes anyway.}

I will do a Christmas post soon, but how about our kitchen counter?


Little packages were delivered to our house throughout last week by friends and church members. It's tough having all those homemade goodies. No really, it is. I have to exercise a little self control and decide what I want...

3 comments: