Saturday, December 18, 2010

oh oh oh

You know, like Ho Ho Ho? Well this is how Hannah says it. And let me tell you, I'm not going to try too hard to correct her. It is so dang cute. We ask her "Where is Santa Clause?" and she'll look right at his picture on the wall and say Oh Oh Oh.

The other day while I was out, I had to buy this wrapping paper:


...though this would be more appropriate:


I keep a journal of her words as she is starting to talk. I like to write down the word or phrase and the month she first says them. It's fun to look over her vocabulary. I can just hear the way she says everything and it makes me smile. Eventually this journal will turn into more of an "out of the mouths of babes" list of things she says. I love when parents quote their kids and talk about the funny stuff they say. It kills me that they don't write this stuff down. You think you're never going to forget certain lines, but you do. It all blurs together over time. We used to take care of a girl named Kayla. She would say the greatest things. The sad thing is we can remember very few of them. The same with my little cousins. I have heard Maddie, Emma, and Thomas say some stuff that would have you laughing your behind off. It must go down for the sake of posterity.

So "oh oh oh" is added to the list. I'll see if I can get her saying it on film. Until then, here she is dancing with her Christmas dog.

1 comment: