Monday, May 10, 2010

mama...

My mom always used to say "Everyday is Mother's Day." Now, with a child of my own, I know what she means. Once you become a mom, you are always a mom. There are no breaks; no days off. I am learning what she meant when she used to tell me that "You will understand once you have a child." Having Hannah and becoming a mama has changed my life in more ways than I could imagine. There are a lot of things I understand and appreciate more now that I am a mom. I appreciate the sacrifices my mom made. I respect her more. I understand the depth of her love for my brothers and me.




Above is a picture of Mama and I on the day I married Joe. In the morning flurry of activity outside Andaddy's house where the dinner and dance would take place, we took a special moment. My mom was a master wedding planner, weekend planner for that matter. She was the reason Joe and I had the wedding of our dreams, and I will never be able to put into words how grateful I am for that. How grateful I am for everything she has done for me, for Joe, and for Hannah. Thank you Mama!

10.14.06

When I became a Mama.
09.09.09


Mama, now a Grandma!

So happy and so in love.

The day we came home from the hospital.



2 months old...

Happy Birthday to me!

Special moments...



Happy Mother's Day to Mama Buck!


...and to our other mom (and Hannah's godmother), Mama Swingle (Aunt Karen)!







No comments:

Post a Comment