Friday, May 28, 2010

hannah and the giraffe...love at first sight.

Yesterday, Hannah and I went to Wally World to pick up some necessities: hand sanitizer, soap, and a new watch band for me (the last was literally hanging on by a tiny piece of plastic). However as always we come home with more than we had on the list (insert smart aleck remark from Joe). Must-haves, obviously. I decided Hannah desperately needed this cute little baby pool. She totally agreed.

Here is the cutie in the shopping cart.


Oh, and I have to tell you this little story: we use this shopping cart/high chair cover to protect her from nasty germs (and because I'm somewhat of a recovering germaphobe). Public shopping carts and high chairs gross me out. I am trying to get better... So here I am scoping out the baby pool selection, and I look over and find Hannah teething on the handlebar. Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Completely thwarting my efforts to keep her from being contaminated.

So, we head home and ask Daddy to blow up the pool (Mommy has never been good at this sort of thing. I was the kid that couldn't ever blow up a balloon because of my lung capacity due to asthma.) I am amazed as I watch Joe. To me he says, "Honey, parents have been doing this for years."


The end result: this adorable giraffe pool, complete with rattles and toys! Clever. I am quite sure, this is the cutest one I ever did see.


So what did Hannah think??? She LOVED it. I was expecting some kind of trepidation, maybe she'd be a little scared. Not one little bit. She had a great time playing with all the attachments (again, clever). She wanted to chew on everything of course, and went face-first several times trying to pick up her stacking cups like she was bobbing for apples. I don't know who had more fun - her or me! Daddy came home before long to find us in the backyard playing.

I couldn't decide what pictures to post...

Time to get out...
Daddy storing the pool til next time!

Some videos!

4 comments:

  1. That is one awesome pool! And the chick in it is pretty amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! kelly - this pool was $3!! haha. i bet jack is all over the place now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS - SO CUTE!!! I want some of those pics!! She's CLEARLY a water baby and will be a big swimmer like her mama and daddy! We have GOT to come to Jesup soon and see her swim!! Love, Katie :)

    ReplyDelete