Wednesday, April 18, 2012

joseph is one

One year ago today, right about now (3:19pm), I held my baby boy for the very first time, and fell deeply in love. I remember in the days before I had Joseph, I was holding Hannah, wondering "how could I possibly love another child like I do her?" You just will, I was told. Still, I had doubts...and maybe a little concern. After all, I couldn't imagine I had any more love to give, any more room in my heart. Between Joe and Hannah I felt my heart already was overflowing. But I did. My love for Joseph was unconditional and overwhelming, right from the start.


And now here we are one year later. It has been a very full year, but one that has brought us memories we will treasure always. Joseph is a healthy and happy boy, all boy, so curious and determined. He loves his sister, and she adores him. I love to watch them interact and grow closer together. He likes to cuddle (though our cuddle time is getting shorter and shorter as he'd rather do other things). But he loves for Momma to hold him, and for that I am thankful. I am enjoying watching him grow, while at the same time wanting life to slow down. Right now we have our hands full. The days are not always easy, having two small ones close in age, but I wouldn't change anything.

God continues to fill our lives with blessings and shows me how great His love is, while giving me the capacity for love that I previously found unimaginable.


Happy Birthday Joseph! You have brought so much joy to our lives. I love you more everyday.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSEPH!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete