Monday, February 7, 2011

joseph update

How bout an update on baby boy? We went to the doctor on Friday for my glucose screening (passed!) and a check-up. 28 weeks now. So far, so good with me.

The last time we went - at 24 weeks - we had a third sonogram. Because he was all over the place and had his hands in front of his face most of the time, they couldn't quite see everything. That was ok with us. We liked the idea of getting to see him again. Everything looked good and he was big. BIG. Above the 97% percentile in each category. He weighed 1lb. 13oz then, about 1/2lb heavier than average.

My doctor said that my uterine measurements are larger than they were with Hannah. We'll have another ultrasound at 32 weeks and see what he's up to then. I'm hoping this pace of growth slows down a bit. Judging from his daddy (9lbs 4oz), his daddy's mama (11+ lbs.) and his daddy's daddy (10+ lbs.), I have reason to be nervous. Yes...you did not read that wrong.

He moves ALL the time, but I love that. He's moving as I'm trying to fall asleep at night and he's moving as I'm waking up in the morning. Overall, I'd say he's doing just fine.

Now at 28 1/2 weeks this is what I look like:


My belly measurement is 40 3/4". I'd say the black shirt is slimming. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are going to have a BIG baby! Brave girl Lindsey! I hope you got good results today with the glucose screening!

    ReplyDelete