Tuesday, November 23, 2010

laughter is the best medicine

There is quite simply no better sound in the world to me than hearing my baby girl laugh. I forget everything on my mind - if just for a few minutes - and listen to that beautiful, sweet sound. Hannah loves being outside. Everyday I take her out for a little while and let her play in the yard. She squeals in delight. She laughs out loud when we chase her around the house. She gets so excited when Daddy comes home from work. She loves to watch one of us in the backyard through the glass doors. She loves to be pushed in the shopping cart. She laughs when Daddy wrestles with her. She is a happy child and for that I am so grateful.

Yesterday was a great day. She played with her Daddy in the morning before he left for work - I think their favorite time of the day. Then she took a 3 hour nap. Yes, I know. Awesome! I took care of some things, ordered our Christmas cards, and even did some online shopping (which I might do exclusively this year). We went out to lunch with Joe - lunch dates are the best - and then Hannah and I went grocery shopping. The rest of the afternoon we played and then when Joe got home we went for a walk around the neighborhood. She was a happy kid, and I heard that sweet laughter throughout the day. It really is medicine for the soul. Here's a picture of her in the car leaving the store. Completely mischievous.





1 comment:

  1. After all my angst-ridden posts (and those of the blog world) it's so nice to see just a sweet, upbeat post. That reminded me to sit back and smile ;) Thanks for the sweet comments on the blog. Life gets better by the minute, though it's hard to remember that in the trenches!

    ReplyDelete