Wednesday, November 24, 2010

happy thanksgiving!

This is my attempt at getting a picture of Hannah after church on Sunday. It is getting harder and harder to take a picture of this child. I take her outside and she is gone - all over the yard - and will not stop and look at me for a second. Ok, I did get a couple of her looking at me. Only because I made lots of weird noises. If neighbors overheard they are probably wondering what in the world... Anyway, she sure is cute and full of personality. I'll make a fool of myself any day for her. And someday she'll want to just crawl under a rock.


I love Thanksgiving. I love the family time and yummy meals. I love the weather and being outside. I am thankful for Thanksgiving. I am thankful for the time to give thanks. I do my best to take the action of giving thanks throughout the year. Joe and I are aware of how blessed we are and it is important to us to give thanks to the One that makes it all possible. Just a few things I am grateful for this holiday season:

my Lord and Savior and the faith that makes me want to be a better Christian everyday
my devoted husband who would do anything in the world for his girls
my beautiful daughter who makes me smile and give thanks daily
this little baby on the way...
my family - by both blood and marriage - who make our lives richer
wonderful grandparents for Hannah
true friendships that I simply cherish
my good health and that of my family's
the freedoms we have in this country and so often take for granted
being able to stay home and not have to work
three meals a day and never having to worry about being hungry
time shared around the table and Christmas tree
decorations and Christmas music

...and for this blog as a way of sharing our journey. I could go on and on, but that's a good thing. I have spent lots of time this week reflecting on my blessings. This time of year just makes you want to give thanks, doesn't it?

Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving from our family to your's.






3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new blog header! Hannah is so precious! The photo shoot is so cute- she's definitely on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok- I swear she gets cuter every day ( if that is possible!). Miss u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! We loved our week in Cincy but missed y'all so much!!!

    ReplyDelete