Tuesday, November 9, 2010

chicken and dumplin's

I am part of a group of moms on Facebook that talks about all things baby and toddler related (and some other things as well, such as what I'm about to share) via a thread. For those of you that don't know, that means we write on-going private messages that reply automatically to all on the list. These girls are sorority sisters from Georgia Tech. We all have children really close to the same age which means that we all go through things at roughly the same time. It all started with breast feeding. So now that most of our babies are toddlers - a couple are still babies and a couple are a little older - and some of us are expecting again (yay!), we have had about a year's worth of sharing with each other. Let me just basically say, that I love these girls. They have offered great advice and been a sounding board to me. I so appreciate them.

You're thinking: where does chicken and dumplings come in? Right here: yummy chicken and dumplings. One of the girls sent out this link for a slow cooker recipe that she loved. I made it today and it was yummmmy. If you're looking for a nice and easy (and I stress easy) recipe for good comfort food on a cold night, I highly recommend it. As suggested by my friend, I followed most of the comments on the first review (on Oct. 8).  However, I used turkey instead of chicken (we prefer turkey) and didn't have to shred it at all - it fell apart. I did use 2 cans of biscuit (glad I did) and instead of an array of seasonings I used fresh ground pepper and - my secret ingredient - Zaxby's seasoned salt. No kidding - Joe's idea. We always ask for extra when we go and they give you a little tub of it. Last forever. Anyway, supper was awesome and we have enough leftover to have it again! And perhaps I'm even more excited because a.) I cooked, not Joe, and b.) I finally have an appetite again!

Thanks Holly, send me some more!

And because you know I can't post without a picture of my baby girl. Here she is a couple weeks ago playing fetch with Mollie:




2 comments:

  1. That's really great that you have that support group! Will try that recipe next time I have time to cook!

    ReplyDelete