Thursday, September 2, 2010

3 funerals and a busted toilet

Yes. I neglected to mention some other things that have been going on. My hard-working husband has had quite the load lately. In addition to "the usual" aspects of running a church and the day to day issues, three long-time church members passed away in three weeks. These are founding members of Epworth UMC, so it is quite a hit to the congregation. Thankfully these three individuals lived relatively long, full lives, though they will be missed. 

This past Sunday was Confirmation. Joe baptized and confirmed four teenagers as well as welcoming three additional people as new members. It was quite a big day in our small-town church. Afterward, before Joe could get to the fellowship hall to bless the food for our church lunch, he went in his office to find a pipe going to the toilet had busted. This week, everything was moved out and new carpet was installed in three rooms damaged by water. What a week...

I am blessed - so blessed - to have such a great husband. He works hard, and his work isn't easy. Then he comes home, every night, and cooks supper for me. He supports me staying at home, and is a great father to Hannah.

Recently I was asked to contribute to a friend of mine's blog about being married to your spouse's job. She focused on three occupations: married to the military, married to medicine, and married to the church. All very interesting. You can read my q-and-a here: into the lives of wives: married to the church.

 My two favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment