Friday, May 15, 2015

mother's day and granddaddy's visit

Mother's Day was pretty low-key around here. I had bought a couple of things while out shopping on my own, so I made sure Joe knew that I didn't need (or expect) anything else. Except for the homemade stuff of course! The kids couldn't wait to share their surprises for me. I received preschool art from Joseph and sweet drawings from Hannah.


Joseph made a sweet trinket tray and hand towel:


Hannah made me a couple cards…


…as well as a cute little book she worked really hard on.


{I like to sit in my bed and think… I love to run and play outside. I asked her if she was running in that drawing. "No. I was standing still so you could take my picture." She knows me well.}


{I like to take baths. That's she and Joseph, and then Barbie on the right in the tub. I like to play outside in the water at home.}

She also drew a picture of "Mommy, Daddy and me…There wasn't room for Joseph."


Uh huh.

On Saturday my three sweeties gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. We also stopped at the nursery after lunch at the Dairy Lane with Granddaddy and Aunt Angie and bought a new pedestal for our bird bath. Happiness!


We went to Sunday School and worship and took pictures on the front lawn afterwards. 



Granddaddy and Hannah went exploring Sunday afternoon. They found a trail in the woods in our neighborhood that I knew nothing about. Hannah had such a great time. They were gone for a while and Momma got worried, so Joseph and I got in the car and went to find them.


She will be talking about this exploration for a long time I have a feeling.


The kids loved having Granddaddy here for a few days. I did, too. We played a lot and had so much fun.


Above, before dinner Monday night at Puebla's, the local Mexican place: Joseph, waiting for the clock tower to ring in the square downtown. {It never did. I don't know what is up but that sure was disappointing!!}

Below, Tuesday afternoon. Granddaddy wanted a picture of Hannah before dance. The cowgirl boots are a staple with the tutu.



Aunt Angie came back in town and we had dinner (at Waffle House!) before she took him back to Savannah.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day and am always thankful to God for blessing me with the two precious ones that made me Momma. I am also thankful to have an amazing Mom and wonderful mother-in-law but didn't get to celebrated with either of them this year. Love you Meme and Gran Gran!

My mom, brothers and sisters-in-law gave flowers in my honor to the Cathedral's special Mother's Day flower display in Savannah. The Cathedral of St. John is a special place to our family and where my mom is very involved. They let me know by sending me a picture of the bulletin. I so appreciate their thoughtfulness. Thanks y'all!!

And, while I'm giving thanks, I am so glad that my dad came to visit. It is so nice to catch up and see him with my children. He lives in Bellingham, Washington and that is too far away. Way too far. I'm not afraid to be honest so let me just say, I know you love the Pacific Northwest, but move back to the East Coast, Granddaddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment