Tuesday, May 12, 2015

best friends forever

I love capturing pictures of the antics of my two little ones. There is rarely a dull moment in our house…


On Sundays, they usually run ahead of me into church excited to see Daddy in the narthex. A few weeks ago they looked so sweet and cute (and big!), holding hands. I grabbed my phone out of my purse and took this picture. One of my favorites ever:


The fact that you can see Joe's shadow through the door makes it perfect.

I took the kids to see The Aristocats at the elementary school weekend before last. Afterwards, we went for ice cream at the Dairy Lane. Daddy was out of town so while the cat's away…


We spend just about every afternoon in the backyard. I've said it before, but I love how my kids love to be outside. They can spend hours out there. Before it got so hot this week, it had been really nice and we have enjoyed late afternoons playing, digging, exploring and swinging:


…Couldn't help but take that picture when I looked up and saw them swinging on their bellies, bottoms in the air.

Last Wednesday afternoon they wanted to go for a bike ride. Until this point, we've not strayed too far from home, usually going up the street or just around the corner. But they decided that they could handle doing the full Evergreen loop - which is our street that winds around connected by the main street in our neighborhood. It is a little over a mile with lots of hills. Joseph also had insisted on wearing his boots, without socks. I said yes. Figured it would be good exercise and perhaps a learning lesson, too.

I ended up having to help them up some of the inclines, so I got good exercise as well. They were tired and sweaty, but I think they enjoyed it. As we got close to home they pedaled side by side, wanting to hold hands but worried they would fall. Sweetness…



Those two really are close and for that I am thankful. They definitely have their moments and we hear "I'm not your friend anymore!" …but mostly they get along.


No comments:

Post a Comment