Wednesday, March 18, 2015

st. patrick's day in…sandersville

For the second year in a row, we were not in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. It's weird, I have missed the celebration only a few years in my life (one being when I was 5, in the hospital for appendicitis), and I've missed half of the last six years. That's what babies (and distance) will do, I guess!

We had a much more low-key day at home, with things like school and dance, and some backyard time enjoying the beautiful weather.

But on Sunday, Hannah wore her Shamrock dress (likely for the last year)…


And I sent the kids off to school yesterday wearing of the green…


Of course, we all wore green.

Leprechauns made visits to the schools, priceless artwork was created, and Hannah and Joseph had "green yogurt" (plain vanilla with green sprinkles mixed in) on the back porch after school. {Joseph was not interested in pictures.}




Backing up a bit to last week, Hannah turning five-and-a-half on March 9th didn't go by without some sort of celebration. After all we (she) did anticipate it for quite a while. But it was a busy day with school, soccer practice, and various to-dos. So while Hannah and Joseph were playing in the backyard, as is their usual afternoon routine, I put together a little tray of goodies - St. Patty's style - and we picnicked on the grass.







She was delighted. And her little brother was so cute and kept wishing her happy birthday. It's his birthday that is actually coming up, so I'm sure there was some confusion there. We've had a festive March. And now it's time to pull out the Easter decorations - yippee, my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment