Tuesday, March 10, 2015

a 60th birthday and a little bitty baby

The kids and I went to Savannah for a quick 24 hours over the weekend. {Joe was stuck at home, preparing for two funerals and two different sermons - all in a weekend.} We celebrated my aunt's 60th birthday Friday night with a family cookout. It was great seeing and catching up with cousins, but I especially liked getting to see my brother and sister-in-law who came down from Cincinnati!


My mom organized a cute skit for all the children to perform, just as my cousins and I did for my grandmother on her birthdays. Hannah hammed it up, of course.


She played two parts: a mermaid and a ballerina. Joseph was a shark, his favorite costume.


There was no shortage of silly faces from that kid - usually taken when I didn't have possession of my phone.


We met a couple new cousins, including sweet Wilson. Hannah set up this photo with her older cousin, Jackson:


On Saturday, after breakfast at the pancake place, we set out on a photo scavenger hunt, each team given criteria for various photos. Examples…

The youngest team member doing something age inappropriate. So, we have Joseph. Proposing:


And, the team members with their feet off the ground:


We stopped by for a visit with (and for Hannah to hold!) Baby Stella.


She sure is a sweet little thing. And we love her.




The three sibs:


Continuing on our photo hunt, we headed to the park…


The last picture involved posing with every item in our hunt bag.


Hannah and same-age-almost-to-the-day cousin Claire:



That's Aunt Charli, the birthday girl, in the middle. The celebration continued on Saturday night, but we were back home in Sandersville. I think she had a good one, surrounded by nieces, nephews, greats and grands!

No comments:

Post a Comment