Tuesday, March 11, 2014

meme's birthday and mardi gras masks

My mom came to town to celebrate her birthday with us. We had to get ready… Hannah loves to plan a party. There were decorations to make and a cake to bake. We set off for the grocery store. It's always a BIG deal to get the "fun cart" - a cart with a race car attached.


They pretend they're actually steering and they really like it when I pretend they're steering. The grocery store is a fun place.

We got home and made a cake. Hannah helped with the icing and did the sprinkles.


Meme liked it.


On occasion, when I'm trying to get a picture of both kids, I'll yell "Freeze!" This is what freeze means to Hannah:


I think I'll stop yelling "Freeze!"

Present-opening was a team effort.


Last year was a big birthday, so this year was pretty quiet. But all in all we had a nice time celebrating Meme.

My brother and his wife, Uncle Will Will and Aunt Crystal, sent H+J a whole box of Mardi Gras goodies. {You may know that Crystal is a bona fide cajun girl. We can only pretend.} They wore their crowns and called each other king and queen:


And they had a great time decorating their own masks (even ones for Bitty and Raffie, too!}.



It was cold, so while they worked, Joe made them hot chocolate.


Hannah gave me beads and a ring, because I needed to be fancy too.


Today I sat them down for pictures, the masks first. Much easier than having the kids sit still.


Bitty and Raffie:





I attempted a group shot…


…but all I got was goofy.



Just a normal photo op at the Buck house!

No comments:

Post a Comment