Monday, December 23, 2013

tis the season...

A good friend forwarded me a devotion today about "The Pull to be Everywhere" during the holidays. It was well-timed, as those sent to me usually are. I was doing so good keeping up with things, so that I'm not to this week and completely overwhelmed. I was pretty organized. And, I was keeping up with the Advent book I was reading {The Journey by Adam Hamilton}. But last week came and things just slipped. We've had Christmas parties and other things on the calendar, we've been playing catch up with stuff at home, and we've been going to bed too late.

Now, I'm going to refocus. I'm going to sit and read that book. I'm going to light the Advent wreath. I'm going to make every effort to be present, not stressed, and calm. {Calm is a relative term, after all things around here with these two little ones are rarely - if ever - calm!}



And so, here's our prayer for you: that you do the same. Have a wonderful Christmas, surrounded by those you love, and acknowledging God's greatest gift in the birth of Jesus. Count your blessings, and rejoice in the Lord! If you're like me, and you need to refocus, it's not too late... There is no time like the present!

1 comment: