Wednesday, August 14, 2013

before our world turned crazy...

My heart melted the day I first heard Joseph call Hannah "Honey". Honey is a very popular term of endearment around here. Used between Joe and I, Hannah also requests from time to time, "Momma, call me 'Honey'."

So, earlier this summer when I was dropping Hannah off at swim lessons, we were pulling away and Joseph cried out, "Honey! Honey!" At first I thought he was saying a version of Hannah, but then I realized, I call Hannah 'Honey' all the time. I think he might think that's her name! And, as if to confirm, the next day as we were walking away from the pool, he cried out again, "Honey! Honey!" I mean, I love it. Honey is her name as far is Joseph is concerned, and he uses that name daily. So, Honey she is. I hope it doesn't stop. It is just too dang cute!

This summer, Honey has been all about her hair, asking for braids or to be "like Momma." Like Momma would be like this:


The classic bun...though usually mine is much messier.

The weekend before Joe's accident, Honey went to a princess birthday party. We have a great Cinderella costume that was a hand-me-down from a friend. I must say, she looked a little like the real thing to me:



Honey's other half, and partner in crime:


Our good friends, Jennifer and Daniel, and their girls, Leah and Audrey, came to town. I took one picture:


And lastly, the day before it all happened.

All was quiet on the western front...




Well, as quiet as it ever is around here...




And then all hell broke loose.

The next photo on my phone:


Amazing how your life can change in an instant. Cherish each day. Count your blessings. And...share the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment