Sunday, March 24, 2013

girls day

On Friday, Hannah and I drove over to Milledgeville to do some shopping. I had some errands to run, Joe was working at home, and Joseph needed a nap, so I took the opportunity for girls time. We don't get to spend a whole lot of time just us. I was excited to whisk her away for the afternoon.

While waiting at the seafood counter in the grocery store, Hannah and I talked about the different sea creatures and types of fish. She understood full and well that these were meant to be eaten. "Momma loves crab." and "Salmon is Momma and Daddy's favorite kind of fish to eat." Etc. Then she caught sight of the lobster tank.

H: Momma! What are those??
me: Those are lobsters.
H: I don't like lobsters.
me: Oh, I don't think you've ever had lobster. But you might like it. It is so yummy.
H: (After about a minute of serious contemplation...) Are they happy?
me: (Um.........) I'm sure they'd be happier if they were in the ocean.

She was very curious about those lobsters. She couldn't let the poor trapped crustaceans out of her sight, so when it was time to go I told her to go tell them goodbye. I took a picture with my cell phone.


On the way home she crashed, dreaming of free and happy swimming creatures I imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment