Sunday, May 6, 2012

pat the bunny

At last, pictures from Joseph's first birthday party. This was the second of two milestone birthday parties I've planned recently (Joe's 40th was in January), and I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm on a party-planning break until further notice. It was fun, though, and both of my boys are worth every bit of it.


Hopefully you know about Pat the Bunny. It is one of our favorite books. We still have Joe's 1968 copy and we gave one to Hannah on her first birthday. Joseph gets real excited when we read him the book, so having that be our theme was just perfect. I cannot take credit for all the creativity that went into this party. Thanks is given to my mom, Crystal, and Katie. While Joseph won't remember this party, and some think it's silly to entertain for a one-year-old, like Hannah, Joseph will get to see all these pictures and love it one day.




 


  Sadly, Hannah was in her room for most of the party, but she did get to sing Happy Birthday to Joseph.


 

We brainstormed on what to do for a guestbook. With Hannah's Very Hungry Caterpillar first birthday party we had each person sign a circle and then I used brads to attach the circles together making a long caterpillar that we have hanging up in the playroom. As a little craft, Joe and I came up with the idea of having the kids make their own Pat the Bunny book - Joseph style. With a lot of help from my in-house graphic designer, Crystal, we put together our version of the book. I did one to be Joseph's guest book:







{I can give you Crystal's contact info if you'd like to use her services.}


  






I can't believe my baby's first birthday has come and gone. Thank you family and friends who came to celebrate with us!

12 comments:

  1. Crystal SchouestMay 7, 2012 at 1:06 AM

    Thanks for the shout out! :) Love all of the pictures - We make a great party planning team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much does Crystal charge? Id be interested in contacting her as I plan a first birthday! You did such a good job. I came across this on google images searching for "pat the bunny" so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, Thanks for stopping by my blog! Crystal is due any day with her first child and is also currently working a full-time job. I think the timing is probably off for her, but I will get back to you if she is interested and able to help you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing such lovely party pictures! Proud parents are more exited and did every possible arrangement to surprise the kids. I think booking one of the budgeted rental spaces for parties for my niece's birthday will be more suitable. Will look for some attractive ideas from blogs for décor and themes.

    ReplyDelete