Tuesday, March 27, 2012

eleven months


Somehow my baby is becoming a little boy right before my eyes. He's changing so fast...

He is crawling - so fast and all over the place. He's pulling up and standing at Hannah's kitchen and the little piano, at the coffee table, and pretty much anywhere else. He's cruising around and he'll take steps while we hold his hands. He can entertain himself for a long time in the playroom - with or without Hannah.

He sleeps so good. He's sleeping around 12 hours at night and taking a morning and afternoon nap lasting around an hour and a half.

I am still nursing him. We have just begun to start the weaning process. I cannot believe how well this breastfeeding relationship has gone. I've said it a thousand times, but I'll say it again: After all the problems I had in the 7 months of nursing Hannah, this has been such a blessing. He is a champ. While part of me is ready to wean him, part of me is a little sad. Four times a day I get to hold him and snuggle while he eats. Guess I'll just have to hold him while he has his sippy cup...until he's walking and too interested in other things to cuddle with mommy.

He is not a big fan of baby food, but will usually eat carrots and sweet potatoes. He likes to eat whatever we're eating, and whatever Hannah gives him. Cereal, crackers, bread, pancakes, and bananas are all favorites. I assure you though, he eats more than starches. He likes other fruit, too. And soup.

He has eleven teeth now. Like Hannah, he has gotten a lot of teeth pretty fast, but unlike Hannah who got them all two or four at a time symmetrically, Joseph gets one here, two there, one here...

Joe and I are constantly amazed at the similarities and differences between our two kids. They were very different babies and they have their own high-maintenance issues, but they both are great sleepers, love bath time, are independent during playtime, love to be outside, and thrive on routine. And they both sure give me something to smile about and be thankful for every day.

The Easter decorations are out and we're getting in the spirit...




 


For a frame of reference, this was Joseph last year as a newborn, outfit way too big (left), and Hannah wearing the same outfit the year before when she was seven months old (right).






1 comment:

  1. He's getting so biigggggg!!!!! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete