Friday, February 3, 2012

can't get enough...

It is very quiet in this house. Hannah is at preschool, Joseph is napping, and it's just me - tv on mute, dishwasher running and the blessed hum of a peaceful house. Now that I've typed all that, we'll see how long it lasts... {I just broke one of the cardinal rules of stay-at-home moms: don't talk about how quiet it is or how good the kids are napping.}

Other than me having the crud, we've had a great week. The weather has been incredible - sunny and 70 three days in a row - and we've been taking advantage of it. Yesterday I loaded the stroller in the car, parked at the church preschool, and took Joseph for a walk before it was time to get Hannah. {I recently heard the importance of getting your daily vitamin D with 15 minutes in the sun a day. I took it to heart.} Then for lunch we had a "peanut jelly" picnic in the backyard. After naptime we took it back outside. We Skyped my mom and let her be in on the fun:


I can't get enough of this weather. It's February and I know it won't stick around much longer. Today it's already 10 degrees colder. I am thankful, though, for the little taste of spring.

So, rather than a long post of all we've been up to, I'm opting for a camera dump. 

We went to a birthday party for Hannah's friend, Jones Sheppard (and that's what she calls him - first and last names), who turned three. There was a train. And Hannah loves choo choo trains. You can almost hear her screaming "CHOO CHOOOOO!!!!" in this photo:



Joseph had a pretty good view of all the fun.


Speaking of can't get enough...I simply cannot get enough of this child. 



I posted a picture similar to the one above on Facebook. Hannah was home from school sick, but you can't tell. I guess her fashion sense never takes a break.


Joseph likes to ride the horsey. Would you look at this smile?






Hannah is screaming cheese. I mean, look at the blood vessels in her neck. We don't even tell her to say cheese anymore because this is what we get...she does it anyway.

It's a good thing the 2yr old fashionista was not home when I caught the little guy with this:



Yep, pulling up...
 

I could not believe my eyes when I found this: the double-tu-tu-ed ballerina owl. She saw Mrs. Ann and Mr. Otis working in their yard across the street and had to go say hello.


I'm glad she paused for a picture.


Hands full? Yes ma'am.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it!

    Makes my day to smile and then laugh at these babies. Oh, she is her mother made-over, only when you dressed like this, I was not as understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both too cute and seem very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could not quit giggling...

    ReplyDelete